Veneers are a cosmetic dentistry option that can conceal imperfections in your teeth for a better looking smile. They work best on teeth that are healthy but don’t look their best. Veneers can close gaps between the teeth and make the teeth appear straighter, whiter, and evenly sized.
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin, shell-like covers that attach to the front side of the teeth and wrap slightly around the sides and biting edges. A thin layer of enamel is removed before the veneers are attached to make them fit more snugly. The veneers bond permanently to the teeth, only to be removed by your dentist. Veneers can be placed over one or more teeth, typically only those that are visible when you smile.
Average Cost of Veneers
The cost of veneers can vary greatly. The average price range could be anywhere from $1,000 - $2,000 or more per tooth. Where your specific quote will fall within that range is dependent on a number of factors.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Veneers
The overall cost of having veneers placed varies based on:
- Quality. Not all veneers are of the same quality. The higher the quality of the veneers you get, the higher the cost, but with that comes a more natural appearance and longer lasting veneers.
- Material. The cost will also depend on the type of material used to make your veneers. Porcelain is the highest quality material because it closely resembles natural tooth enamel and is just as strong. Composite and prefabricated resin cost less, but may not look as natural or last as long as porcelain.
- Custom vs Prefabricated. Veneers that are custom made will cost more, but they will fit your teeth better and look more natural than prefabricated (one-size-fits-all) veneers that are less expensive.
- Number of teeth receiving veneers. You may only need veneers on some of your teeth and not others. The total number of teeth receiving veneers will affect the overall cost.
- Geographic location. The location of your dentist’s office can affect the cost of veneers. Larger cities and densely populated areas with a higher cost of living may result in higher prices for veneers.
Types of Veneers
Here are the 3 main types of veneers listed from most expensive to least expensive:
- Custom Porcelain $$$. Custom porcelain veneers are made to the exact specifications taken from the impressions of your teeth. They offer the best fit and the most natural appearance. They also last longer than other types of veneers.
- Custom Composite Resin $$. Custom composite resin veneers are also made to the exact specifications taken from impressions of your teeth. Composite may not look as natural as porcelain and is more prone to staining and chipping.
- Prefabricated Resin $. Prefabricated veneers are not custom made to fit your teeth. They are a one-size-fits-all approach that may not provide the best fit or appearance.
Porcelain veneers are the most expensive option, but you will get the most for your money with this option because they last longer, look more natural, and provide the best bite strength.
Are You a Good Candidate for Veneers?
If your teeth are mostly healthy but don’t look that way, you may be a good candidate for veneers. Any preventative and/or restorative procedures that are needed will have to be done first, but then your teeth will be ready for veneers. Veneers can conceal stains, chips, uneven lengths, gaps, and even crooked teeth. If you want to transform your smile quickly without a lot of dental work, veneers may be right for you. However, in most instances patients will need to be fitted for night guards after getting their veneers placed. This does come at an additional cost, however a night guard protects both your natural teeth and the veneers and will aid in the longevity of your veneers.
Dr. Agnieszka Jamrozek, DMD Provides Veneers
Are you interested in transforming your smile with veneers? Dr. Jamrozek can perform an initial evaluation to determine whether or not veneers would be right for you. Whatever the condition of your teeth, we can provide the restorative and cosmetic dentistry services you need to have a healthy, beautiful smile. In many cases, financing options are available to make the cost of veneers more affordable.
To learn more, call 973-728-3779 or contact us today to schedule an appointment.