The Waterlase combines water, air, and laser energy for safe use on human tissue in the mouth. Our teeth are partially made up of water and when the laser makes contact with the tooth it excites the water molecules to cut through the tooth. Since the laser continuously sprays out water it keeps the tooth hydrated, preventing heat and giving you a virtually pain free experience!
The Waterlase is a dental laser that enables the dentist to use minimal and in some cases even no anesthetic or drills to perform many routine dental procedures!
Waterlase is gentle enough that your dentist can complete most of your dental needs in a single visit. Plus, in some cases, your Waterlase dentist can save you the hassle of going to a specialist or schedule multiple dental visits.
Comparing to regular drill the Waterlase, on the other hand, removes very precise amounts of tooth, without damaging or cracking the rest of the tooth! And because it is so precise, you will rarely need anesthetic!
- Restorative dentistry, including cavity preparations
- Smile design: sculpting and refining soft tissue around the gum line to establish harmony and symmetry to your smile smile.
- Gingivectomy, gingivoplasty
- Lingual and maxillary frenectomy
- Biopsy (fibroma removal)
- Management of moderate to severe perimplantitis
- Management of periodontal disease
- Endodontic procedures: root canal cleaning and disinfection
- Pulp cap, pulpotomy
We invite you to call our office today at 973-728-3779 to learn more and schedule your appointment.