Teeth whitening is one of the most common cosmetic dental procedures. Many of us desire a whiter smile, but the products and procedures can be pricey. If you spend the money on something, you want to be sure it gives you the results you’re looking for.
Professional whitening treatments performed by your dentist are usually the most effective and offer the longest lasting results. You may pay more for these treatments than over the counter options, but you’re more likely to be satisfied with your appearance.
How much can you expect to pay for teeth whitening in West Milford, NJ and the surrounding area? Here’s a general idea.
Average Cost of Professional Teeth Whitening
A teeth whitening procedure performed by your dentist may cost you up to $500. Professional-grade whitening usually consists of a bleaching agent that is applied to the teeth followed by an ultraviolet light to accelerate the process.
Some dentists will create a custom-fit tray for you to use at home with a bleaching agent. Take-home options are sometimes on the lower end of the cost spectrum.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Whitening Treatments
The exact price you’ll be quoted within the average range depends on a few factors, such as:
- Brand of Treatment. Not all dentists offer the same brand of whitening treatment. There are many different brands available that are marketed directly to dental offices, so not every office will have the same brand and price.
- Type of Treatment. Some teeth whitening systems use bleaching gels and trays, some involve the use of UV light and others don’t, some are take-home kits. With so many different types, the cost depends on what your dentist offers.
- The Dentist’s Reputation and Experience. A dentist with an established reputation in the community for excellent cosmetic dentistry services may charge more for a whitening treatment than another dentist in the same area that is less well known.
- Where You Live. Teeth whitening will cost more in some areas than in others. It is usually in line with the cost of living in your area. Big cities and densely populated areas tend to have higher pricing for all dental procedures, and whitening is no different. Small towns and rural areas may have lower prices to meet the needs of the patients in their area.
Is Teeth Whitening Worth the Cost?
If you’re considering the average cost of teeth whitening and trying to determine if it’s worth it or not, there are a few factors to consider about your treatment.
- How long does it last? Before paying for a whitening treatment, find out how long the results are supposed to last. You don’t want to pay for something that will allow your teeth to become discolored again in just a few months.
- Does it offer realistic results? Ask for pictures of real patients who have undergone the whitening treatment. Are the results realistic? Or do the teeth look so white that it appears fake? You want dramatic results, but natural results as well.
- How difficult is it to maintain? Many whitening treatments include touch-up products to use at home to keep your teeth looking white. A few home touch-ups may be worth it, but you don’t want to enter into something that is difficult to maintain.
Teeth Whitening by Dr. Jamrozek, DMD
If you’re looking for professional teeth whitening with effective, natural results, Dr. Agnieszka Jamrozek offers whitening treatment as part of a complete range of dental services. Although insurance doesn’t cover cosmetic procedures, financing is available to make teeth whitening treatment more affordable.